Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

I have a Yahoo mail account. I changed the id and password

I have a Yahoo mail account. I changed the id and password XXXXX 2 weeks ago, because they told me it was compromised. I cannot remember the id and password, trying to use their password XXXXX and have not been successful. I would like help in accessing my Yahoo mail account.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

Probably the email you received wasn't actually from Yahoo, they don't ask people to change passwords. The ID is just your email address. In order to reset the password XXXXX follow the steps below:

Please click here ---> http://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot

Select "I forgot my password" and click Next

Follow ALL the prompts in order to reset your password

If no luck, I am afraid your yahoo account has been hacked. Usually email addresses are being hacked by weak passwords that are easily guessed by computers OR by users that enter their password XXXXX fake websites.

There is a YAHOO Validation Page that they (Yahoo) have set up to attempt to validate ownership of an account in cases where the Password XXXXX Basic steps do not work.

The Validation Page was created to ask key questions about your account (only you would be able to provide to Yahoo) when you created or updated your account. The more information you provide to Yahoo, the better for their Support Agents to validate your identity. Enter the security questions and answers that you had, it does not matter if the hackers changed it, yahoo will check your previous information too

The direct link to the Validation Page is: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/general-01.html <=== Click here

This is the best you can do. They should answer in 2 or 3 days. Please do that as soon as you possible. I think it is a lot of waiting time, but it is the best we can do, because unfortunately Yahoo does not have phone customer support for email issues.

Please note I do NOT work for Yahoo so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

If you are a Paid Yahoo customer you can also call Yahoo customer service at 1-866-562-7219

You can also email Yahoo directly atXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, but the best bet it is the Validation Page.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
Experience: I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was thinking my id was different from my email address because it always has been

when i had to sign in before it was never my email address like i said i changed it a couple of wks ago they just ask you to sign in once in a while and i just forgot the i d and password XXXXX ge into the acct will try what you said and see if it works and then pay

you

OK, thank very much. Please keep me posted.