Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree

How do I permanently delete text messages that show up in the

How do I permanently delete text messages that show up in the "search" mode of the Iphone as a "top hit"? I understand how to delete the text messages but even after deleting the messages they still show up under the "search" mode by either typing in the person's name or the first 3 digits of the phone number--
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

This is a bug in the iPhone. There is one "quick fix" that may/may not work and there is one clear solution (although undesirable).

Quick Fix: Go to Settings -> General -> Spotlight Search -> uncheck Messages and then press the Home button. This should disable all messages from appearing in the search.

Guaranteed Fix: Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings. This will erase everything on the phone. This is the only way to "clear" the search results.

There are no other options.

Let me know if you need further assistance.