Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

How do I get rid of widgets every time I click with the mouse

Customer Question

How do I get rid of widgets every time I click with the mouse the widget comes on screen. I have unchecked all I could address book is still checked and won't uncheck this is the most annoying thing using my computer is such a hassle
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

Please press F4 to see if the widgets screen go out.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
F4 removes the widget from the screen so does the x in a circle which also appears with the widget however it's back with the next click I want to get rid of the app
OK. If you are trying to remove a widget in particular please follow the steps below:

Press F4 to see all your widgets

Click the (+) icon on the lower left corner of the screen

Click the (X) on the upper left corner of the widget you want to delete.

The widget will dissapear.

Press F4 to turn off the widgets screen

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
F4 brigs out the widget bar which has the widget icon and the address book icon. On the left side and immediately above is the x and a bottom to Manage widgets. When the button is clicked a widget list appears the only widget checked is the address book. There is a notation to uncheck widgets to disable them I'm assuming that if I could uncheck the address book the whole thing would stop popping up but the address book the only widget checked will not uncheck
OK. What exact Mac OS X version do you have ? Go to apple icon, then About this Mac. You will see the version number under "Mac OS X"

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
F4 brigs out the widget bar which has the widget icon and the address book icon. On the left side and immediately above is the x and a bottom to Manage widgets. When the button is clicked a widget list appears the only widget checked is the address book. There is a notation to uncheck widgets to disable them I'm assuming that if I could uncheck the address book the whole thing would stop popping up but the address book the only widget checked will not uncheckVersion10.6.8
OK, do not open that list. Just click the X button on the upper right of the widget you want to remove.

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
F4 brigs out the widget bar which has the widget icon and the address book icon. On the left side and immediately above is the x and a bottom to Manage widgets. When the button is clicked a widget list appears the only widget checked is the address book. There is a notation to uncheck widgets to disable them I'm assuming that if I could uncheck the address book the whole thing would stop popping up but the address book the only widget checked will not uncheckVersion10.6.8. DID I LOSE MY EXPERT?Again every mouse click produces the widget selection I click 5 or 6 times to get what I want
OK. I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you. You will receive an email when another expert takes your question. The new expert will see all our previous thread, so no need to explain the issue again.

Thank you