Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I purchased a Macbook 13 incg MID 2010 for Christmas for my

Customer Question

I purchased a Macbook 13 incg MID 2010 for Christmas for my 13 year old. She managed to leave a pen on the keyboard and forgot she went to close it and damaged her screen. It has continued to get worst and I need to have it replaced. There is a MAC store approx. 15 miles from my home. Can you let me know how much it would cost to have this fixed.

Thank you,

Georgette Fox
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

That, unfortunately, is not covered under warranty. It is accidental damage, but Apple is quite reasonable for these types of repairs and is worth the 15 miles to have it looked at.
The screen is not real hard to replace and can be done in store. Turn around will most likely be no more than 2 days, maybe less.
I cannot tell you a price, there may be case and hinge damage also. It will take a hands on tech to tell you.
I do know that it will be reasonably priced.
Make a reservation at the Genius Bar before going, it will save waiting.
Apple Retail Store Type in your zip code, find your store and click it, click on Hours and information.
Select Genius Bar and make a reservation, you will get an email to confirm and you are set.
Hope this helped.