Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

My itunes is not working. I tried to rename and move a CD

Customer Question

My itunes is not working. I tried to rename and move a CD from the general list to one of my play lists and it locked up. I rebooted and it played tunes fine but then when I tried in import a CD it locked up and I had to reboot...the rest of my computer programs are working fine...
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

What do you mean by "locked up"? Did you mean the entire computer is freezing up while using CD's in itunes?

Which computer do you have? windows xp/vista/7 or a mac?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just the itunes page locks up - does not respond to any clicks the rest of the computer works fine. I have Windows 7
Thank you for the info..

First of all, let's uninstall and reinstall itunes. This will make sure that if there are any missing files, they will be downloaded.

Let's go to the control panel and uninstall itunes, quicktime, apple software update, apple mobile device support, apple application support and bonjour.

Then restart the computer and install itunes from

www.apple.com/itunes/download

Let me know whether this resolves the issue or not.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do "I" uninstall all of these programs or do you?
Unfortunately, you have to delete them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Could you tell me what they are again? Thank you.
itunes
quicktime
apple software update
apple mobile device support
apple application support
bonjour