Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I recently updated and synced my new ipod touch. Now I have

I recently updated and synced my new ipod touch. Now I have no volume on my games. How do I get it back?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Does this problem happen just with your games? How about the music?

Let's try a reset first by pressing and holding the power button and home button together until you see an apple logo.
Let me know whether this resolves the issue or not.

thank you
Vinod
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. Still no volume.
If this problem happened after the update of the ipod touch, I would suggest you to restore the ipod. Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipod. To the left side of the itunes, your ipod name will be listed below devices. Just click on the ipod name, and now to the middle of the screen, you will see a button called "restore". After restoring, select the option "restore from backup".

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Does this mean I should not update my Ipod touch? Currently restoring.
It does not mean that. If there is an update, I would recommend you to go for the update. Sometimes the update can fail due to some network related issues.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All the apps I downloaded are gone. Does that mean I lost all my information from the apps, and have to download them all over again?
After restoring the ipod, you have two options:

restore from backup and set up as a new ipod.

Did you select "restore from backup"?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nope. Just hit restore. I do not have that option to restore from backup.
Once the restore is complete, you will get the message whether to restore from backup or as a new ipod. just click on restore from backup
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Thank you for your help :)
Have a great day.
No problem....

after the restore, try the restore from backup. let me know if that too does not resolve the issue.