MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

mi Ipad was stolen yesterday. Is there a way you can locate

Customer Question

mi Ipad was stolen yesterday. Is there a way you can locate or trace it by my ITunes account??
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for asking your question, with
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

**Please note: An "Answer" by me, or an"Accept" from you, does not mean the session has ended. So please remain patient with me and I will work
diligently, to resolve your technical question to your satisfaction.-Thanks!*
Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
• Unfortunately, unless you have a MobileMe account, with "Find my 
iPad" activated, which is the GPS
function that would allow you to 
locate your iPad via the web.

If you have any more questions, regarding your technical issue, please feel free to reply to this post as I am always ready to assist. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there something else I can do to trace it??
No, I'm afraid that you would have to have had a protocol like "Find my iPad" which is Apple Inc.'s only method in place to recover one of their products like the iPad. The only other option would have been LoJack for Mac with their monitoring services for lost or stolen products, or with their insurance services for lost Apple products, which only could have been established prior to the unfortunate theft if your iPad.

I wish I could provide you more options but there are unfortunately there are none, given this present situation.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had my IPAD since last October, and lived in Bolivia, South America , until now. Due to medical reasons I am residing here in the States now. Is there a way you can provide me my IPAD's serial number that maybe is related to ITunes's account?? I don't have nothing right now.. ITunes is my only hope maybe to have such information. thanks
Thanks for your further inquiry.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide you your iPad serial number as that is information you would have to go directly to Apple Inc. for. is not associated or affiliated with Apple Inc. in anyway, therefore we cannot provide such information on your personal Apple product inventory.

What you are going to need to do in order to have that information sent to you regarding your iPad serial number, is to contact AppleCare Support at 800-275-2273 (available Mon thru Sun - 6AM - 6PM -Pacific), for further assistance.

Regarding your iTunes account, you can contact via email iTunes Store Customer Service to see if they can assist you further regarding your iPad, through your iTunes account.

These are the final options I can provide you, as the next step to aid you further in this matter, is to contact AppleCare or iTunes Support.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you as much as I could.

Sincerest Regards,