Mac Tech
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience:  7 + Years Supporting Apple Products

I have the old Apple TV and have a problem. I changed the TV

Customer Question

I have the old Apple TV and have a problem. I changed the TV "SETTINGS" to a wrong resolution and Mhz. For example if my TV can handle 1080i and 60 Mhz, under SETTINGS, I made it for example 720P and 60Mhz and got garbage on my TV. Somehow, I think I input OK and that locked in the garbage. Now I can not see a TV picture while on the Apple TV so I can't see a clear picture so I can change the SETTINGS back to where they were. Is there a RESET button or method I can use or do you have another method to fix my problem.

Herbie Glass
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

If you need to you can perform a factory restore. Here's the link to the document that will get you back on track:
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have followed the directions on the document that I downloaded from the link you sent me. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the Apple TV unit to "reset." I'll try it again in the next couple of days and if successful, I'll let you know.

Thanks very much for your efforts so far.

Herbie Glass

Expert:  Mac Tech replied 5 years ago.
Are you able to see any video?
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 5 years ago.
How did that work out for you?