Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I dragged a folder of Emails from entourage on to the desk

I dragged a folder of Emails from entourage on to the desk top and now Entourage won't open and I can't trash the folders either. Restart didn't help - iether
Do you have any ideas for me?
Where was this folder that you dragged?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I sent my reply from the wrong area....

Here it is again -
I categorize my emails in folder in the entourage application. I dragged 1 of these folders on to the desktop.
Try holding Option and Command and open Entourage. Rebuild the database.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just tried that....

Same response....from computer

"Turn off all MS office apps and rebuild database"

The "data base utility" is opened by the computer, but the color wheel just spins and then I have to "force quit" the data base utility
First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The version is 10.5.8

I have done the other procedure - twice and everything is fine with the disk and permissions

FYI - we are communicating through a different Mac. Since entourage won't open on the other. The reason I need to access the entourage app on the other computer is my address book. Is there another way to access the address book?
Try holding Shift and open Entourage.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No luck......

It just goes through the rebuild database and I have to force quit.
Restart hold the Shift key until you see the Apple Logo then try Rebulding the Database but just let it go this time.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That worked - thank you
OK so is that all you needed?