MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

I have an ipad. I purchased it from Apple and it has my name

I have an ipad. I purchased it from Apple and it has my name engraved on the back of it. I say this to just let you know it is original with me.
My ipad simply quit performing tonight. I have held the power button down forever thinking I could reset it but to no avail.
Is there a re-set button anywhere else on the machine or is there a way I can get to the battery to take it out with hopes of reseting the machine?
I also cannot find the serial # XXXXX on the machine?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for asking your question, with
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

**Please note: An "Answer" by me, or an"Accept" from you, does not mean the session has ended. So please remain patient with me and I will work
diligently, to resolve your technical question to your satisfaction.-Thanks!*
Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

What you can do, in order to resolve this issue, is start by hard resetting your iPad
(Note: this does not remove any settings, data or media you have installed in your device)
• To perform a hard reset, press and hold your Sleep and Home Menu buttons for approximately 10 seconds.
• Once your screen goes black, release both keys. (If you see a white Apple logo before you release the keys you have held the keys to long and will need to start the reset process once again)
• The next screens you should see after the black screen, is the Apple logo screen followed by the main screen.

Let me know if this helps you reach the main iPad screen.

This is my first answer, but certainly not my last, as long as this issue remains unresolved.

Please do not press "Accept" until you have experienced a resolution from this answer and are satisfied with the results.

Be sure to bookmark this page in your web browser, so you can return to it, in the event you have to reboot your computer or leave from this session for a period of time.

Until then will be watching for your next reply.