Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

hi, iphoto will not open

hi, iphoto will not open
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

What happens when you double click the iPhoto icon? Please click "Reply to your expert" to let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I double click nothing happens
It use to bounce when I did this and open up
W
OK. PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

Please restart the computer in Safe Mode following the steps below:

1- Turn off your Mac

2- Turn it on and press and HOLD the SHIFT key on the keyboard, until you see "Safe Boot" on the login window.

3- Wait for Mac OS X to be completely loaded. (sometimes it's fast, other times it can take a while, like 10 or 15 minutes)

4- Restart the computer in normal mode.

5- Open iPhoto.

6- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

7- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John C