Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

/when I turn my Ipad on, a green line appears in the middle

/when I turn my Ipad on, a green line appears in the middle of the screen - the date and time appear followed by the icons, but the wide dark area in the middle of the screen persists. What should I do to fix the problem? My serial number is XXXXX Thank you, Erin
Hi Erin, I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue. It can either be a hardware or a software problem. Let's see whether we can resolve it through some basic troubleshooting. let's try a reset first by pressing and holding the power button and home button together until you see an apple logo. let me know whether this resolves the issue. Thank You Vinod
We are not done yet.

Press and hold the power button and the home button (button below the screen) together until you get an apple logo (it will take around 5-15 sec for the apple logo to appear). Do not stop holding the buttons if you get a screen "slide to power off".