Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I have a Mac computer and I was using safari normally but since

Customer Question

I have a Mac computer and I was using safari normally but since yesterday it is "not opening" and give me the following message: Safari quit unexpectedly while using the LassPss Plugin"
I removed the LassPass plugin from the computer but still can't open safari and keep receiving the same message. What should I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Try resetting Safari.
Those are the two I start with but it make take others.

A restart is also agood starting point. A pram reset can't hurt either.
To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys.
‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P'.
Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes, this is the sound that your computer makes when it starts up, it is like a boonngg. The screen should also cycle from white to black and then back to white along with the chimes.
If you have a wireless keyboard then the procedure is a little bit different and becomes much harder, it can be done but a USB keyboard is recommended.
Use the very same keys but wait until the first chime and immediately press and hold those keys. I recommend getting your fingers ready because timing is critical.

This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.
This will correct many faults but not necessarily yours.

None of these are guaranteed to work but are good starting points.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Daniel: Did you receive my comments?

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately no, I did not. Please type them into this text box.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You sygggested two options. The firts one does not apply because in order to Reset Safari you have to be able to "Open" Safari and I can not, that is my proble. I tried the second suggestion, to perform a PRAM reset. I did but it did not solve the problem. What should I do now?

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
In your home folder (small house by your name) click on Library/Preferences and trash the Safari plist.
Looks like this.
Works best in colum view.
Then to make the column wider,
Drag those bars to the right.
Try that and see if it will open.
If not then try repairing the permissions.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I followed your indications and did the "Permissions Repairing" with no results. What should I do now?

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
You are using Firefox now?
Have you tried Software update in the Apple menmu?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, I have Firefox and I can use it but Ia am using a different computer to communicate with you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
In that case I suggest trashing Safari on the troubled Mac and use Firefox to download it here.
I would start with that and update to 5.1 if you like, I don't like 5.1 so I still use 5.05.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Still working on your last indication but need to stop now. I will continuo tomorrow. Thank you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
I turn 62 tomorrow so I may be slow responding as I know not what my Mrs has planed, I will be checking from time to time.
Keep me posted please.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, happy birthday tomorrow and thanks again.
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX know if any of that helps. Sometimes it is hard to find the issue and when it is found it turns out to be simple.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will be out most of the day but I will be back to you in the evening. Thanks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Looking forward to it. We will get this straightened out.