J. Consults
J. Consults, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10yrs exp; Apple Certified Pro; Series of iPad Webinars
44447474

My printer isnt connecting wirelessly to my router again.

My printer isn't connecting wirelessly to my router again. Same problem as before.
Can you look up my record and redo what we did before?

Mac OSX 10.6.8
Sysco Linksys E2000
Hewlett Packard Photosmart C7200
Category: Mac
Expert:  J. Consults replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Here is what the expert instructed you to do before. If this does not fix your problem, please let me know so that I can troubleshoot further. If it does, please click Accept to verify this answer worked for you!

1- Turn off your wireless router (and unplug it from the electricity outlet if it does not have a power button) BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

2- Turn off your internet modem (if you have one) and unplug it from the electricity outlet

3- Turn off your computer(s)

4- Turn off your wireless printer(s)

5- Wait 60 seconds

6- Turn them all ON again.

7- Wait 5 minutes (yes, 5 minutes please)

8- Try to connect

If no luck, please follow all the steps below:

1- Turn off your wireless printer

2- Go to apple icon on the upper left corner of your screen

3- Click System Preferences

4- Click Print & Fax

5- Right click your printer icon on the left of the screen and select "Reset printer system"
Note: if right click does not work press and hold the control key on your keyboard and then click the mouse button.

6- Restart your Mac, BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

7- Turn on your wireless printer and wait 2 minutes

8- Go to apple icon on the upper left corner of your screen

9- Click System Preferences

10- Click Print & Fax

11- Click the [+] button

12- Your wireless printer should appear there. Select it and press the "Add" button

13- Wait 60 seconds and try to print
J. Consults, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 10yrs exp; Apple Certified Pro; Series of iPad Webinars
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have tryed everything, and nothing works, but I'm out of time and must resume again next Tuesday.
This is very frustrating.
Hunter
Ok, please contact me next week and we can resume then.