J. Consults
J. Consults, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10yrs exp; Apple Certified Pro; Series of iPad Webinars

updated my iphone and lost everything on it is there any way

updated my iphone and lost everything on it is there any way I can get it back
Category: Mac
Expert:  J. Consults replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will assist you.

When was the last time you plugged your Iphone into your computer, or did you do that when you updated it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when updated it, contacts most important.
The iPhone should have backed itself up before updating..iTunes usually does that. Try restoring from a backup. To do this:

In iTunes, select the device, then select the Summary tab and click Restore (this deletes all data on iPhone and restores to factory settings). When prompted by iTunes, select the option to restore your settings.

or

Right-click the device, and choose Restore from Backup.

If this resolves your issue, please click Accept to verify. If not, please let me know so we can trouble shoot further.

J. Consults, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 10yrs exp; Apple Certified Pro; Series of iPad Webinars
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tried that and now my phone has my wife's contacts etc on it
Did you have an option to select a backup, or did it do it automatically?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
checked again and it is my wife's ipod data which has come up on my iphone. If I was to go into an apple shop would they be able to help me
I'm not sure, but that may be your best bet at this point. I'll opt-out. Good luck!