John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.

I have a MAC (yes, I have Numbers software). My partner has

I have a MAC (yes, I have Numbers software). My partner has a Microsoft product (forgive him). He sends me an spreadsheet in Excel, I have to add my inputs and then send him BACK an Excel spreadsheet he can open and use with my inputs. How the Hell do I do that? I can't figure out how to do it. I download his spreadsheet (making sure to check on "save as Excel spreadsheet," but after that I cannot successfully get an Excel spreadsheet back to him with my inputs that he can open and use.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

Did you try 'exporting' the file instead of using the Save command. Go to File > Export, select "Excel" from the export options, then select a location and click "Export." The file will be saved as an .xls file

Hope this helps