Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis
37817776

I receive a screen that says CANNOT GET MAIL, The user name

I receive a screen that says "CANNOT GET MAIL, The user name or password XXXXX ATT is incorrect. I took my iphone 4 to the verizon dealer, and they7 reentered the password, but it still won't receive my email. They told me to contact Apple. I receive my email on my computer just fine, Please help. Thanks. XXXXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  Omer Mushahwar replied 3 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi Carl,

Thanks for using Just Answer.com

So based on the information you provided you have an email address that ends in @att.com and you are trying to enter this email into your Iphone 4

Omer Mushahwar :

Please let me know if this is correct and if not let me know what your email address is after the @ IE gmail.com att.net att.com .....

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.

Carl

You appear to be offline so I switched the question to a Q&A style format

Please let me know your response to my questions about

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my email address isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, NOT att.com
Hi Carl

For privacy reasons the site does not alone email addresses to be displayed.

Please reply with just what is after the @ symbol in your address
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
@att.net
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
why can I not receive my email on my iphone?

Hi Carl

Sorry I had to step away for a minute.

Quick question where you ever able to get this account working on the phone ?

If you haven't been able to receive email messages ever try the following

First go into Settings > Mail Contacts and Calendars and delete out the current ATT.net setup

Then

1. On the iPhone, go to Settings > Mail.
  2. Select Add Account...
  3. Select Other
  4. Select POP
  5. Enter information for Name, Address, and Description.
  6. For Incoming Mail Server, Host Name: pop.att.yahoo.com, User Name:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX, Password: whatever it might be.
  7. For Outgoing Mail Server, Host Name: smtp.att.yahoo.com, User Name:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX, Password: whatever it might be.
  8. Select Advanced.
  9. Under Incoming Settings, make sure Use SSL is on, Authentication is Password, and Server Port is 995.
  10. Under Outgoing Settings, make sure Use SSL is on, Authentication is Password, and Server Port is 465.

Go to Mail and try sending and receiving emails

Experience: I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis