John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.
53785

dont understand how to make a spreadsheet

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

I will try to help you with this. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your system (it is part of Microsoft Office). If so which version?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im not sure I just click on an icon with numbers
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Ok here is how we can find out.

Please click on the link below, then save the file to your desktop. Once saved, go to your desktop and double click on the file to open it

http://wikisend.com/download/949004/sample%20spreadsheet.xls

Let me know what happens and we'll take it from there

John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience: Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I got a spreadsheet ,but how do i look at it and get your answers at the same time ?
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Were you able to open the spreadsheet and see the small data table inside?

If so what does it say in the title bar at the very top of the spreadsheet window?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
safari file edit view history bookmarks windows help
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

No that is your browser not the Excel application. Please close all windows and files (including Safari browser) so that you have nothing in view except your desktop. Look on the desktop for the file that I sent you and open it. Check what it says in the title bar at the top, then open your browser and come back here and tell we what it says in that title bar

Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

When you open the file that I sent you, a spreadsheet should come up as shown in the screenshot below.

The title bar on top, contains the name of the application (i.e. Microsoft Excel), and the name of the file (i.e. sample spreadsheet.xls)

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
that is not what I get on my page ,there is no Microsoft execel,dont know if that bar is hidden or what??
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Can you send me a screenshot of the page so I can see what you are seeing

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how do I do that ??
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Ok when you have that page on the screen press
Command-Shift-3

and save it as a file on the desktop

Then go to the wikisend.com site that I gave you and upload that image file there, and send me the File ID that you get