Mac Tech
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience:  7 + Years Supporting Apple Products

My ipad 2 wont go back to the main menu on command. What is

Customer Question

My ipad 2 won't go back to the main menu on command. What is wrong? I'm stuck in one app. Diana
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Please reset your iPad: Press the Home button and the Sleep/wake button on the top the iPad 2's case and holding them down at the same time for 10 seconds. The iPad 2 should then reset itself.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay I did that and now it won't turn on again.
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.
Make sure your iPad has a charge. If it's low, charge it for 15 minutes.
To turn on your iPad hold down the sleep/wake button until you see screen activity.

If it's still not responding try a reset again: Press the Home button and the Sleep/wake button on the top the iPad 2's case and holding them down at the same time for 10 seconds. The iPad 2 should then reset itself.
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience: 7 + Years Supporting Apple Products
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for being patient....if in fact you are. I managed to turn it back on and it went directly back to the app instead of the main menu. Should I try a reset again?
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.
You're very welcome. It sounds like you turned the iPad off, not reset.

Tr another reset, hold the buttons down longer this time. (Keep the depressed until the iPad starts to reboot)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okkay there we go...it's back to normal...Thanks Diana
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.
You're very welcome. And, thank you!