Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Hi, I have an old eMac running MAC OS X, version 10.4.11.

Hi, I have an old eMac running MAC OS X, version 10.4.11. I am thinking that my Apple Software is very outdated; therefore, there are no additional software updates available. What is the next step I should take? Do I buy new software or new hardware and software or what do you recommend? Thank you!
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Version 10.4.11
Processor 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4
Memory 512 MB DDR SDRAM
You can upgrade to Leopard 10.5 but I would get more RAM at least up to 2 GB, the Power PC precessor is not going to be supported forever and it may be wiser to spend your money on a new Intel Mac.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would you recommend a (I don't know the correct terms, sorry) laptop, notepad or something other than the current desktop PC I have? I don't have to pay another $38 do I?????!!!!!
No if you Accept I get paid when you are satisfied. That depends on what you want to use it for, do you need a mobile computer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do I need a mobile computer? I don't think I do?? I just wondered what is most popular or what is the 'hot' item since I definitely am not a 'tech' person?! Can I also tell you that I have an eMac that has everything all in one: The monitor, hard drive, speakers are all in one machine...???
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
An iMac - based on the fact the I have an 'all in one' PC?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you explain why?

Are the 'all in ones' obsolete, etc?!
For home use that is the one I recommend as it comes worth everything you need and you don’t need to pay the extra price for a portable or a workstation like a Mac Pro there is really no other choice except the Mac Mini but you would stlll have to get a montior and keyboard. iMac is the way to go.