Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

hi , i have just installed the new Mac OS X Snow leopard onto

hi , i have just installed the new Mac OS X Snow leopard onto my MacBook and it has cleared my entire memory ? Can i retrieve ? Is this normal ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Did you erased your hard disk with Disk Utility before you installed Snow Leopard ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO JUST INSTALLED THE DISC WHEN PROMPTED
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
All the files should be on your Mac. Snow Leopard won't delete any files, it will just upgrade the system only. Are you sure everything gone ? Can you search all place ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I HAVE NOTHING THE COMPUTER IS BLANK , ONLY THE MAC PROGRAMMES , ALL MUSIC , PICTURES ,VIDEOS, HISTORY HAS GONE
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Could you please turn off the caps ?

Okay..So you are saying its wiped out everything and put system files only ? Can you see a "Previous System Folder" in Macintosh HD ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no 'previous system folder '
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Can you search with Spotlight (searchbox in the top right corner of your screen) ? What exact version of Mac OS X are you using ? click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac to know the version number,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Version 10.6.3
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Okay...something went wrong during installation. You should've backed up the data before installing it. Did you backed up anything ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No as the instructions did not state this request. If it had stated i would have backed it up ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
I don't know how that happened. Snow Leopard only upgrade system files and will not touch other Applications or files. If the files you lost were so important to you, then you have to try Recovery application like Data Rescue to recover them : http://www.prosofteng.com/products/data_rescue.php

The software is very costly and i can't guarantee it will work. But its worth a try..Try the trial version before buying and see if it finds the missing files.

Also, If you lost any items purchased from iTunes Store, you can redownload them for free. See here : http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

You can redownload Firefox from here : http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/

I know i couldn't give you a good answer, but in this case this is the best answer i can give to you. Only click Accept if you are satisfied.

Best Regards,