Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I down loaded some CDs and to my surprise a second library

I down loaded some CDs and to my surprise a second library was created.I deleted all the songs but now,I still have the second library with no songs.When I plug in my IPOD,I am told I can't have two libraries but the only option is to delete the original in favor the question is,how do I delete the new in favor of the original.I have the original on a portable hard drive but I am not sure how or when to download.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Plug on the Portable drive and then go to iTunes / Preferences / Advanced and change the Library location back to the External drive.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would like to have the library on the computer hard drive as it was before I inadvertently created the second library.I mentioned that I had the data on a portable hard drive only for information purposes as the second library seems to have deleted the first.So,my question is how do I restore the first?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What do you mean “only for information purposes“? How did the iTunes library get on the second drive in the first place? If you do as I asked did the library show up correctly?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Still need help?