Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

More on Safari cant open the page

Customer Question

I am trying to open Safari but am getting the message: Safari can't open the page "http://**********/" because the page's address isn't valid. Foxfire seems to be working fine and am using that to send this message. Thanks

Since asking this question, I opened Safari by using the tool bar and somewhere clicking on igoogle (my home page). But if I go to File>New Window, I get the same result as above. Open a New Tab seems to work fine.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
No sure what you mean by “Changed the arrangement of screens.“? Go to Safari / reset Safari.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Resetting Safari did not solve the problem
[email protected]
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
OK. What is the web address of the PDF?

First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Click on any blank spot on the desktop, then hold Command (the key just to the left of the Spacebar) and Shift keys and hit the letter U, this will open the Utilities folder inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Still need help?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello?