Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How do I delete music from my I pad

Customer Question

How do I delete music from my I pad
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi My name is Ashik. I hope i can help you.

Do you have the PC that you syncs with your iPad ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Connect the iPad to your computer, open iTunes. Select your iPad in iTunes under Devices list, in left column. Click on Music tab next to Summary, Info tab etc. You can see the list of Musics or Albums in there. Deselect the ones that you don't want and click Sync or Apply button. Let me know if that didn't worked...Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not letting me go into iPad as it is downloading other videos which I also wish to delete from my Mac book i cannot stop this process?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Let it complete the process and try after that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Process is taking such a long time as it is downloading everything from my iPad which I didn't want as it will use up too much hard drive, is downloading all videos etc from iPad!! Is there anyway I can stop the process and trash them?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Yes, disconnect your iPad from your computer or press the x icon in iTunes, the button next to sync process.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where is the x icon and sync button
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Look at the iTunes LCD and the Sync or Apply button will enable only if you stop syncing it. See the picture below;

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I get this window my screen is showing the list of downloads and time remaining?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Are you not on iTunes ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I am in I tunes but with the library listed down the left hand column and in the downloads under I tunes store.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
To get that window, select your iPad under Devices. Let me know if that didn't worked..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Selected under devices comes up with same screen??
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Disconnect your iPad from your computer and restart iTunes. Does that worked ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Same screen
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Could you please give me a screenshot of your iTunes? (Press Command(Apple) + Shift + 3. This should create a screenshot of your iTunes into desktop. Then upload that screenshot into www.wikisend.com and give me the download links of the uploaded file, so i can access the file)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Pressing them nothing seems to be coming up here
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
You're using a Mac. Right ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I stop the Mac from downloading?? Have gone to restore to original settings but saving info. Nothing is happening and its still downloading from my ipad to my Mac I want to stop this process?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
It sounds you are downloading from iTunes Store. Select the download and press delete button. Let me know if that didn't worked..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is downloading from recently bought items which won't fit into my iPad where is the delete button??
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
It is on your Keyboard..the Delete button.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The Mac keyboard is different to my old pc and does not say del which one is it on the MacBook Pro
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
In Macbook Pro, fn + delete/backspace acts as delete key. Or just select the download, right click (control + click) on it and select delete from the popup menu
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not stopping download??
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Select the download, right click (control + click) on it and select delete from the popup menu. Doesn't that worked ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Seems to be working but that's stopped the downloading from my Mac book but not solved the problem of removing items from my iPad it's currently in iPad update
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
See my first answer about deleting Musics..

Connect the iPad to your computer, open iTunes. Select your iPad in iTunes under Devices list, in left column. Click on Music tab next to Summary, Info tab etc. You can see the list of Musics or Albums in there. Deselect the ones that you want to delete from your iPad and click Sync or Apply button.

To delete movies, Click on Movies tab next to Summary, Info tab etc. You can see the list of Movies in there. Deselect the ones that you want to delete from your iPad and click Sync or Apply button.

Same Procedure for others too...