Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree
40218039

My Ipod froze. It wont change songs, It has no volume, it

My Ipod froze. It won't change songs, It has no volume, it won't even shut down. I can't beleve it still lights up with a song title because its been three days now
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

Which iPod do you have? (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1353)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1GB model no A1137 2006 emc no 2066 its an older ipod i guess but it hasn't been overly used. i plugged it in at a gym power source and now its frozen
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Volume Down button simultaneously for at least eight seconds or until the Apple logo appears. You may need to repeat this step.

If the above step did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep. Try resetting the iPod while it is connected to power.

If neither of the above worked, your device has a hardware issue. There is no key sequence or software fix for a hardware issue. You will need to setup an appointment with your nearest Apple Store Genius Bar (http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar) to get it serviced.

There are no other options.

The above are the only answers to your question of how to get your device from a stalled state.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've tried connecting it to a power source and then trying to unfreeze it so that doesn't help. Also the other suggestion doesn't help unless you can explain where the sleep wake button is and how to do what you are advising with the volume control mechanism that i have on my ipod
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Which one of these do you have?

#1 -

graphic

#2 -

graphic

#3 -

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have number #1
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Plug it into your PC, press and hold the Menu, Center, and Play/Pause at the same time for 30-60 seconds (or until the device either goes off or you see the Apple Logo).

From there wait about 30 seconds and the power it on.

There are no other options.