Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I want to consolidate all of my photos on my iMac. to Adobe

Customer Question

I want to consolidate all of my photos on my iMac. to Adobe Light Room 3. But how do you find all of your pictures on the hard drive? And then Move them to LR3 and be sure there are no duplicates. My Mac has iphoto, Aperture and Picasa and now my new camera needs me to use Canon EOS Utility to import my RAW files.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name is Ashik. I hope i can help you.

The easy way is search with Spotlight (spotlight is the searchbox in the top right corner of your screen). Search jpg or jpeg in Spotlight and select Show All. This will shows all of your Pictures in Finder. Select all of them and copy them to a folder. Then import that folder in LR. Let me know if that didn't worked..Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Ok found my RAW files and selected all but now what? Do I create a 'Smart Folder"?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Just a normal folder and copy them all to it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But how do you do that? Sorry but I am new to mac and I need detailed help. Thanks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Just create a new folder on your Mac. Select all the Pictures, and click and drag and drop them to the new folder. Let me know if that didn't worked...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The 'New Folder' is greyed out. So how do I create a folder if that is the case? Thank you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Click on any blank part of your desktop. Click on File menu and select Create New Folder. Don't create new folder in the search result window.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
HI. OK I was able to create folder and drop and drag 2000 photos but there are still the images in finder folder (where I originally searched in spotlight) . Do I need to delete those now? And then once I move the pictures from the new folder to Light room will nothing be left in Aperture and Iphoto? Or is that another task at hand? Thank you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Don't delete those pictures unless you don't enough space on your Hard Disk. All the pictures will be left in iPhoto or Aperture even if you moved to LR.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But I want to get rid of Aperture and I photo. It is so confusing. So if I do delete both Aperture and I photo then what happens to the pictures in those programs? Are those pictures just copies of what is on my hard drive? They still remain on my hard drive, correct? And then I should be able to access them through Light Room, right? Or am I misunderstanding.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
If you want to delete Aperture and iPhoto Pictures, then goto Macintosh HD > Users > your username folder > Pictures folder and trash the Aperture and iPhoto Libraries from there. Make backup to external hd or cd before deleting those libraries.

All the pictures you copied to new folder won't be deleted. You can import those to LR

Let me know if that didn't worked...