Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

why can I not see my tweet chat when I am using my # XXXXX everyting.

Customer Question

why can I not see my tweet chat when I am using my # XXXXX everyting. my settings are sett to public, and I see very one else able to, can you help me with what I have to to
thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name is Josh and I will be helping you

This is directly from Twitter:

Why can't I see all my tweets? My tweet count is _,___. Are they lost?

The good news is they're not lost or gone! We have all your tweets. The bad news is that we currently only allow you to see the 3200 most recent tweets (this could also be construed as good news, as that number could be lower than 3200). The other good news is that we are eventually going to build something that will allow you to see ALL your tweets. Among the gazillion things we want to do to make Twitter better, this hasn't yet reached the top of our list, which is largely based on what we hear from people like you. At some point, you'll be able to get on a twime machine, visit your twistory, and tweminisce. That will be a fun day!

If you have found my information useful please press ACCEPT

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI Joslh

THank you for your answer, and this is not the probolem, this i know already. I can see my tweet, when i writ them and they show up, my problem is when I use the # (Hashtag) and I am part of a disscusion group they can not see tweets, but I can see theres, that is the problem, I am not even close to useing 3200 tweets yet :) also I know I am suing it right as us the #namediscusion and thenm my comment.

so this is where the problem is I would very much appriicate help on this, and like I said, I have tired diffrent computers and different browsers, but nothing is helping, so hopfullly someone can help me with this.

Thank you

Kim

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi Kim,

Please read this from Twitter, if you are still having issues please use the contact form link at the bottom:

Some users report having difficulty using a hashtag on their Tweets, or that Tweets sent as @replies aren't working as expected. If this is happening to you, read on to find out possible causes of your issue and how to fix them.

Replies/Mentions

If you're having trouble with @replies or mentions, check for the following.

1. Is there any symbol in or after the username?
    - If you write @emilyp.123, your message will be sent to the user emilyp, not emilyp123
  2. Is there any symbol preceding the @ symbol?
    - If you write .@emilyp, ?@emilyp or !@emilyp, these will appear as regular Tweets, meaning all your followers will see them in their timelines, rather than just you and the intended recipient.
  3. Is there any letter preceding the @symbol?
    - If you write 23@emilyp or word@emilyp, emilyp will not receive your Tweet. @mentions will not work with letters or numbers in front of the @ symbol. The @ symbol must be at the beginning of a Tweet or it must have a space directly in front of it in order for the mention to work.
  4. Is your Account Protected?
    - If your account is protected, the person you're trying to @ mention has to follow you in order to be able to see your Tweets. So if @emilyp has a protected account, @justinbieber won't be able to see her Tweets unless he follows her.

Hashtags

Hashtags experience some of the same issues described above because they use the same conventions. Check your hashtags for the following:

1. Is there any symbol in or after the hashtag?
    - If you write #noican't, your message will be categorized under #noican. Punctuation marks ( , . ; ' ? ! etc.) will end your hashtag wherever punctuation occurs.
  2. Is there any letter preceding the #symbol?
    - If you write 23#idoittoo or word#idoittoo, your Tweets will not show in searches for the hashtag #idoittoo. Hashtags will not work with letters or numbers in front of the # symbol. The # symbol must have a space directly in front of it in order for it to show correctly in searches.

If you are following the above, please submit a request to support here:

http://bit.ly/ieHu7X

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Josh

Thank you for youyr help, but Again these are answer directly form Twiiters help and I know these once already, that is why I was hoping someon could tell me as I have tried these too. I have send email to Twitter also and hoping they can give me answer, as I use the #corectly with the space infornt, no space between thword sand so on, so I now It is correctly, but still ntohing, so if you have another solution to this or would like to help me some more on these I woulld be greatfull for this, but understand if you choose not to

again thank you for your help

Kim

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi Kim,

Please wait for a response from Twitter. It can take several days but they will respond.

If you didn't use my form above yet please fill that one out too