Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

iweb wont connect with ftp server

Customer Question

Made website in Iweb   using godaddy  domain and hosting...It is coming up when I put it in my  search, but when I go to make changes in my IWEb and go to publish it it says here was an error communicating with the FTP server.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What is your Site Name in iWeb?
Customer: replied 5 years ago. I am hosted by Godaddy and the site is made on IWEB
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
The problem is probably caused by you naming your site inside iWeb the same thing as your domain name. If you instead name it "a", the result will be
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
didnt recieve answer to my last question about I web saying it isnt publishing when it really is...noone can figure this out
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
No I did not receive that where did you post it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I posted it in this box
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
I’m not seeing it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
As I iweb IS publishing but it says it isnt publishing or making a connection on to the Server when I press publish on IWEB. I am getting a false reaction to a positive conclusion
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
I am out of ideas. I’ll opt out.