Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Spilled a little coffee on the Mac book keyboard. Can we do

Spilled a little coffee on the Mac book keyboard. Can we do anything ourselves to correct?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Turn off your Mac ASAP. Don't turn on or don't charge the the Mac unless you sure that its completely dried or there isn't liquid inside it. Make sure its dried completely before turning it on or it will make things worse. To dry it out, you can try this out. Completely cover the Mac in a bag of rice. Rice being a natural desiccant will help absorb the excess moisture. Let it dry for at least 2 or 3 days in rice. Also, remove the battery (if battery is removable). Then turn it back on. If you face any problem, then you have to take your Mac to the Apple Store to fix it. If the Coffee enters inside it to the Logic Board it will fry the circuit chips. I'd recommend to send to check up before even turning it on. And remember, Apple won't cover Liquid Damage. Let me know if you have any questions...

Only click Accept if you are satisfied.

Best Regards,