Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

When I try to enlarge a Bookmarks film, it gets smaller. A

Customer Question

When I try to enlarge a Bookmarks film, it gets smaller. A problem 2 weeks now
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Can you clarify “Bookmarks film“?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Most of my Bookmarks are Xvideo porn. They been working fine for month.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
bookmarks in what program?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bookmarks in Safari
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Most bookmarks in safari
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
bookmarks in safari
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
I don't understand you click on a book mark and what happens?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The bookmaark opens fine. Then I click that little box in the lower righthand corner and it enlarges fine. But there is a black arrow in a grey box on the picture. Clicking on the arrow usually starts the film. Now clicking the arrow reduces the picture to 3 by 5 inches, not a full screen.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
I would try Firefox.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'l try firefox
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Same thing happens with firefox
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
What is the URL?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Excuse my ignorance but what is an URL?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
The website
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Excuse me again, what is website?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
The website address you go to to get your porno.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Xvideo.com
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Would you have the patience to contiune this tomo or whenever. Sorry, I'm so lo-tech.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Make that 'xvideos" - with an 's' - plural
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Click on any blank spot on the desktop, then hold Command (the key just to the left of the Spacebar) and Shift keys and hit the letter U, this will open the Utilities folder inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I got to EFTFile!.sparseimage.
What next?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
I don‘t know what you mean, is Disk Utility open do you see Macintosh HD?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Disk utility is open and I see Mac HD

Verify logo is on left, not right.
Over to you
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Selct Machintosh HD and Verify Disk on the far right.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cant find verify disk. Lets tray again tomo. Life's too short.
But youve been great. Thnx
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
See picture:

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mac told me disc was damaged and I shld reinstall Mac OS X to fix it.
Doing so erased everthing on my desk top. How do I get it back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Also, when I call up a porn film, I'm unable to play it
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
I did not tell you to do that. All I asked you to do was to Verify Disk if that was not OK you were to let me know.:

Put the current operating system disk in (the disk that came with your computer unless you have upgraded, in that case use the new system disk) and restart holding down the letter C key until you see the Apple logo. Choose your language then you get to the install screen DO NOT INSTALL, you will see at the top of the screen a Utilities menu drop down. Go the Disk Utility, Highlight your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Anyhow, it seems to be work right now. And most of my stuff is backed up. So I will transfer to desktop.
How much is this going to cost me?
best, charley
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Not sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Whats the cost for yr valuable services - that $38 at top?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
I don‘t now anything about your account, there are various types I will ask customer service to contact you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Great work and thnx for patience.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
No problem.