Mac Tech
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience:  7 + Years Supporting Apple Products

No techie here, but the router stopped working. I cant use

Customer Question

No techie here, but the router stopped working. I can't use it for my iPad (which I keep upstairs) and I can't use my wireless printer. Anyway, I replaced by Netgear router a couple of months ago and your very nice tech support helped me get it up and running. However, he said it should last 99 years so I wasn't concerned about it. I've changed nothing but the ethernet light is orange. Does it need to be reset? If so, how is that done?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Check your Ethernet cable connection between your modem and router. (Unplug and replug). If you're still having trouble, unplug both devices from wall power. Then power up the modem first, wait five minutes and then power up the router.