Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My Entourage account is frozen...when I start up my computer,

My Entourage account is frozen...when I start up my computer, it is the first thing to open but the little rainbow circle just keeps going around and around on it... Do I have a virus? What should I do?
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Not a Virus, probably your Entourage Database is corrupted. You can rebuild your Entourage Database.

To XXXXX Database,Quit all applications like Office applications, iPhoto, iTunes etc. Then hold down the Option key and launch the Entourage application. In a few seconds, you'll be greeted with the Entourage Database Utility. Select Rebuild and rebuild the database..

Let me know if that didn't worked...Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I quit Safari...the other applications, other than Entourage, are not in use (the icons are showing at the bottom of my screen, of course. Do I have to go to each opening icon, click on it and quit them before holding down the Option key?
No, make sure you Closed Entourage.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't close Entourage. The little rainbow wheel constantly spins on the page and on the upper border which shows the apple, Entourage, file, edit, etc.
Force Quit it. Press Command + Option + Esc to select Entourage from Force Quit window and click Force Quit.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Ashik!

I Force Quit Entourage and its icon is gone from the selection palette at the bottom of my screen. When I hold down the Option key nothing happens. Next suggestion?

Hold down Option key and open Entourage. You can find the Entourage application from Applications > Microsoft Office folder. Let me know if that didn't worked...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is what I have done:

I quit the Safari application (all other applications are closed) and then held down the Option key. Nothing happens...the screen has the icons at the bottom to open the various applications (Finder, Dashboard, MacMail, etc), the screen at the top has the Apple logo, File, Edit, etc. and then I have a few things on my desktop. I'm assuming that those are all supposed to be on the computer screen. So...then when I hold down the Option key, nothing happens. Is there something else I should be doing?
Please read my answer carefully. Hold down Option key and open Entourage...Let me know once you did that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have held down the Option key and nothing on my screen shows me that I can open Entourage. There is no Entourage icon anywhere on the screen...

How can I open something that isn't there?
First goto Applications folder, open Microsoft Office folder in there and you can see Entourage in there. Click and drag Microsoft Entourage to the dock (selection palette at the bottom of your screen). Then hold down Option key and open Entourage. You won't see anything when you hold down Option key until you open Entourage.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've done all that you instructed me to do...

Force Quit Entourage
Went to Applications Folder
Opened Microsoft Office
Clicked and dragged Entourage to the dock
Held down Option key until Entourage opened
Entourage is still frozen...the little rainbow circle continues to run when what should be the cursor is on the Entourage page or on the upper part of the screen showing the Apple logo, etc.

Now what?
Didn't Entourage gave you a option to rebuild database ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, I forgot to add that. Yes, I rebuilt the database. That's why it took me so long to get back to you.

I also verified the database.
Have you recently received or sent any emails with large attachments ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Possibly, probably...friends often send me multiple pictures.....

The account froze on June 9th. I haven't been certain how to proceed and only today had the time to do something about it.
May be that is causing the trouble. Hold down the Shift key on your Keyboard and open Entourage. This will open Entourage in Safe Mode. Then delete some messages that have large attachments from Outbox, Sent and Inbox folder. Let me know if that didn't worked...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do I have to go through all of the steps again? Entourage is frozen, the rainbow circle is there in full force and even though I hold down the Shift key and Entourage is there on the screen I cannot do anything. I will happily delete ALL of my e-mails when I'm able!!!

What should I do to get to the Inbox, Outbox and Sent with Entourage frozen?
Force Quit Entourage and open it again while holding down the Shift key. This will stop all process in Entourage and allow you to delete the messages.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Wow!!! Thanks so seems to be back in order...Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Ashik!
We're not finished yet. Delete the Mails and restart your Entourage normally. Let me know how it goes..

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It seems to be working just fine! I really can't thank you enough, Ashik!
Great ! If you like my service, please click Accept and leave me a Positive Feedback.