Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I just purchased Photoshop Elements 9. I inserted disc and

I just purchased Photoshop Elements 9. I inserted disc and went to autorun and screen said that Adobe reader cold not read, Either unsupported or damaged. how do I fix this so I can begin Photoshop
Thanks
First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So all was fine until verifying the disk/ Verification failed and repair was not available to me. Message was volume Mac HD needs repair. It also stated invalid sibling link. I have aMAC 10.5.8
Thank you
Put the current operating system disk in (the disk that came with your computer unless you have upgraded, in that case use the new system disk) and restart holding down the letter C key until you see the Apple logo. Choose your language then you get to the install screen DO NOT INSTALL, you will see at the top of the screen a Utilities menu drop down. Go the Disk Utility, Highlight your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Still need help?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK so I went thru process from your last email. I was able to repair the disk and followed all instructions. I then inserted Photoshop disk and tried autorun and same message appeared that it came from a damaged email or unsupported program. This is a new disk from a store for me. Where next? Thanks
JG
So Repair Disk was OK in green and then you Repaired Permissions? Can you give me the EXACT error message?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK Autoplay--- language is gibberish and states at the top program cannot be run inDOS mode..

Autorun-- states Adobe reader could not open because it is either a non supported file or because it is damaged ie an email attachment.
There is no autoplay on Mac are you sure you have the Mac disk, please look at the label?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I took out the MAC disk after the repair and restarted my computer then inserted PHShop
I don‘t understand does it say Windows or Mac on the disk?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You are so right when I ordered this I asked for MAC and it does say windows. CRAZY i didn't even notice. Do I have to return or can I use this? Jg
No you have to return it sorry.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HI Ok I found the MAC disk. Should I be OK now?
Yes it should work fine now after install check for updates
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I entered to accept did you receive?
Thanks for your help
No I did not please try again.