Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I just added my iPod Touch to my iTunes Family Share. iPod

I just added my iPod Touch to my iTunes Family Share. iPod is connected to my MacBookPro right now. But my apps on computer won't let me slide Angry Birds (which I've lready pruchased) onto my iPod Touch over on the left column.

How do I move it into iPod Touch?
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Connect your iPod Touch to your computer. Open iTunes. Select you iPod in iTunes. Click on Apps tab in iTunes next to Summary tab. In there select Angry Birds from the list and click Sync. Let me know if that didn't worked..Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Ashik,

I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. I flew to Colorado in the meantime. Got my computer set up now.
OK ... the word apps is not next to summary when I connect my iPod. the word apps is only in the column on the left, under library, referring to my iTunes library in my computer, not in my iPod. Next to summary for my iPod are; music, movies, books, tv shows, podcasts, photos and info. Even when I click on info, the word apps does not come up.
The word sync only appears , of course, when I have the iPod selected. But then, if I select apps, the word sync is not there. So I can't sync Angry Birds to the iPod.
Hope this makes sense,
Holly PS-- It might help you to know that all the apps in my iTunes library only got there when I sync'd my iPhone to my computer. I downloaded the apps into my phone first, not my computer. Does that make a difference?
Nope...Could you please give me the serial number of your iPod Touch ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sure. it's 9C828Q5V14N
Have you tried updating your iTunes application ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just checked it. It says the version I'm using ... 10.3.1 is the current one. I don't think the problem is iTunes. I think the problem is my iPod Touch b/c the word apps doesn't come up next to summary. If you don;t have any other ideas, I think the next step is to take computer and iPod to a Genius Bar at an Apple store.
Its strange that it doesn't appear. You can restore your iPod in iTunes. Then resync everything...Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do know about restoring. I guess I lose everything that's on it, but it's all in my iTunes library anyway and I can get it all bk in by resyncing, right?
Yep, after restoring you will get option to setup it as new iPod or restore from Backup. Select restore from backup and iTunes will restore everything back to it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
But--- if I restore from backup, will I be restoring the old problems right along with it?
No, you are just restoring some settings and your contents
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, then, I'll give that a try. Thank you for all your patience and help!
You're not supposed to Accept the answer unless we fix the problem. Let me know if that didn't worked...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Ashik, Can we talk again? (I'm on monthly payment plan so I won't be charged again, but I can pay you again)
I finished the whole restore process... still no apps word up next to summary. It's still all the same ... summary, music, movies, TVshows, Podcasts, Books, Photos, Info.
My iPod Touch is a couple years old. Is it possible that it's too old to deal with apps???
No, all iPod Touch models can deal with apps. This problem happens if you are using old version of OS. Have you updated your iPod to latest iOS ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I noticed above that you said I'm not supposed to hit Accept til you've solved the problem. Well, I'm beginning to think this problem can't be solved :(

OK-- I checked... my iPod Touch summary says software is up to date- it says it's using:
1.1.5 (w software upgrade) Isn't that the iOS?
1.1.5 ??!! Yes that is the version but that is tooooo old. To use the Apps feature, you must have atleast 2.0 or later. The latest is 4.x version. The Apps tab is missing because of this problem, you are using a old version. I thought you've upgraded to latest one. Can you hit the Update button on your iTunes and see what happens ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I thought I was up to date b/c my iPod summary says: "Your iPod software is up to date." !!! I just clicked on the "check for update" button on i Pod screen. It says softeare is up to date.
Soo-- I need to find update button on iTunes screen?
I'll go look.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just checked iTunes. The iTunes software is up to date (it claims): 10.3.1
Where do I find update option for iPod?
That is iTunes's version...Hit the Check for Update button in iTunes, just above the Restore button. Also, try to update your iPod from different computer if it still says Software is Up to date.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If I need to update iPod fm a diferent computer, I'll need to go to an Apple store. I only have one compuer.: MacBok Pro
I did know that was the iTunes version software.
OK-- I get 'check for updates' from the iTunes drop down box. In that box, restore is not listed. Restore is only listed in an iPod screen.
iPod Screen ? It should be on your iTunes screen, see picture below;
Is this is the first generation iPod ? Does the back of your iPod looks like this ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. Back of my iPod looks like that. Mine is 8GB, not 16, tho.
Well, I was calling that an iPod screen b/c it's all about the iPod. Yes, mine looks just like yours.

Check for updates

But-- every time I hit check for updates, it says 1.1.5 is the current software and I'm all up to date. Something is stuck!
Yes, i agree something is stuck. Your iTunes thinks that your iPod is in latest OS. The latest version that your iPod can hold is iOS 3.1.3
Okay..Since iTunes is not allowing you to update automatically, we're going to do it manually. Download the iPod 3.1.3 Firmware from here :,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw?downloadKey=1309718401_e5f7095a06ef47f61bf1b02232ba26d7

Let me know when you complete downloading it...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, it's downloaded
In your iTunes, select your iPod. In Summary tab, hold down Option key on your Keyboard and hit Restore. iTunes will asks you to select the ipsw file, select the one you've downloaded and this will update your iPod to latest iOS (This update you've downloaded is made for Apple iPod Touch 1G and you've downloaded it from Apple's website). Let me know how it goes..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, here goes. see you in a few minutes. Please don't go away :)
Don't worry, i'll be here with you until we fix the problem or until i give up.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK-- when I did that, 'choose a file: i Tunes ' came up. iTunes didn't ask me anything.

It looks like the download fm the apple people is hooked into Just Answer.

It came up on my bowser, so I clicked on it to see what that would do and it brought me back to here , our conversation in JA. The download needs to not be in JA, somehow, right?
Didn't you downloaded the 200+MB ipsw file from the link i given you ? Check the downloads folder.

Also, Safari might not allow you to download the file, so download with another browser like Firefox
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WOO HOO!!!!! Smile The download wasn't working at first -- it was part of Just answer. iTunes didn't see it.
I found it buried in my list of downloads ... highlighted and ready to go. so I clicked on it and it restored-- and updated-- my iPod. iPod summary now says software version is 3.1.1. AND..... the word app is now there!!!
soo, now I will try using it and get Angry Birds into my iPod using the very first answer you gave me way baaack when. I'll let you know how that goes.
Great ! Glad you got it worked...Smile Let me know if that didn't worked..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Everything worked! All the apps I selected are now in iPod.

Thanks for figuring out the problem and sending the download.

I'll give you a great review.

Happy Fourth of July Weekend!
Thank you Holly ! And you too !

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here