Danh
Danh, Systems Administrator
Experience:  9 Years in System Administration
31918883

I would like a hard opy of my text messages from my I Phone

Customer Question

I would like a hard opy of my text messages from my I Phone is that possible?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Danh replied 3 years ago.

Danh :

Have you tried forwarding them to an email address?

Customer :

no

Customer :

are u there

Danh :

just hold down on the message and then you should be given an option to forward the message

Customer :

just hold down what

Danh :

the text message

Customer :

i understand the text message but hold down specifically on what and will it give you the option to forward to e mail

Danh :

actually...that may only allow you to forward to another cell phone. Cut and paste may work better. Do you know how to do cut and paste?

Customer :

you can cut and paste a text message on the i phone and then what

Danh :

First you select all the text that you need ... you perform a cut ... then on the iphone compose a new email .. and paste the text that you copied from the text message. You have email setup on the iphone right?

Customer :

yes i have email-i just want to send it to my email

Customer :

what do you mean by compose a new e mail

Danh :

ok...let's walk through it. Get to the text message that you are wanting to email. Let me know once you're there. By the way, is this an iphone 4?

Customer :

actually I would be sending it to my friend's i phone

Danh :

Oh...so you're only needing to forward the message to your friend's phone?

Customer :

i know how to forward the messages to her i phone 3g but we are trying to obtain a hard copy

Customer :

trying to obtain a hard copy from her phone since it is an i phone

Danh :

Darn...so it's not the newer iphone 4?

Customer :

can you do it on 3g

Danh :

not without jailbreaking it.

Danh :

what kind of phone do you have?