Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

I have an iphone 4, everything works fine, except i can not

Customer Question

I have an iphone 4, everything works fine, except i can not call out or receive calls the regular way, but it will work in speaker mode only. can you help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.

BeBoo :

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, a paid expert support site. My name is Brandon and I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

BeBoo :

This is usually caused by the headphone jack thinking that a headset is plugged in. Try taking a headset or headphones and carefully insert and remove the headphone jack from the port a few times.

BeBoo :

Try making another call.

JACUSTOMER-2ipcw8ux- :

i just thought about something, they took my sim card out and put it in another phone. i dont thing i will be able to check this, what do you think will it work without the sim card just to check it out.

JACUSTOMER-2ipcw8ux- :

hello

BeBoo :

If you are able to make calls with the speaker on, it's not the SIM card.

BeBoo :

Please try what I suggested.

JACUSTOMER-2ipcw8ux- :

i will go back to att and have them reasign my sim card for this phone.

BeBoo :

As I said, it is not your SIM card if you are able to make phone calls using the speaker. Try taking a headset or headphones and carefully insert and remove the headphone jack from the port a few times.