Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.

I cannot remember my password

Customer Question

I cannot remember my password
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 5 years ago.

Mac Extraordinaire :

For which service, website, device are you needing your password?

JACUSTOMER-hihvg1hm- :

my iphone

Mac Extraordinaire :

Mac Extraordinaire :

If you have forgotten the password to your iPhone, you must reset it to factory defaults and then restore the settings from a saved backup.

Mac Extraordinaire :

When you reset the iPhone, it will erase everything on it, but you can restore from a backup by plugging it into a computer that you have synched it with before with iTunes:

- Press and hold the top power button until the iPhone turns off

- Connect the iPhone to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with

- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)

- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" message

- In the Summary tab, click Restore and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPhone and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).

- Once that is complete, right click the iPhone listing in the left panel of the iTunes window

- Choose "Restore from Backup"

- Choose a backup date and restore.

Now your iPhone will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.

Mac Extraordinaire :

You may click the Accept button now and leave any feedback for me that you feel is appropriate.

Thank you,
- Jason

Mac Extraordinaire :

Please, keep me updated on the status of your problem.

Mac Extraordinaire :

Once you click the Accept button, your deposit that you have already been charged, will be released. I only I get credit from the website or get paid for my time if you click the Accept button.