Mac Tech
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience:  7 + Years Supporting Apple Products
30013869

My gmail account got hacked. Everyone on my address book got

My gmail account got hacked. Everyone on my address book got virus and worm laden messages, and now I can't send emails without also sending the malicious code. I changed my password, but that didn't solve the problem. I'm a techno nerd, and I'm taking courses online, so I hate to wipe the drive. I tried to sign up for a new gmail account, but couldn't do that either. Help!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

The Operating System in this Question is listed as Windows XP. I just want to make sure that this is a Mac Question. If so, please reply back with your Mac model and version of OS X please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You're right, it's mac OSX, though I also use windows.
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.
Is this running Boot Camp or Parallels?

Mac model and version of OS X please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
MacBook osx version 10 5,8

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
SMC Version (system): 1.13f3
Serial Number (system): W87101HPWGL
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0017F2D48351
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Is your Mac running Boot Camp or Parallels?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, never heard of either of them.
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.
Ok, so it sounds like you have a Mac and a Windows XP computer.

If you try to create a new Gmail account on the Mac what error/message do you receive?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You already have an account
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.
I'm going to assume your are using Safari-

First reset Safari: Click on this link and follow the instructions: http://tinyurl.com/3o5b4lt

Second create new Gmail account:

Sign out of your existing (primary) acct. If you have it set to automatically fill-in your sign-in info, delete it in those boxes so they are blank.

Below the sign-in box there is a link to create an acct. click on it.

This will open a page to open a new gmail acct. as if you didn't already have one.

FIll it out. Where it asks for "Recovery email", enter your existing (original & primary) gmail email address.

Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience: 7 + Years Supporting Apple Products