John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.
53785

Making a column chart and I have long titles under the bars...

Making a column chart and I have long titles under the bars... how do I make returns in the text? If I'm in the excel page and hit return or tab, it just brings me to the next cell...
Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

Go to the cell that has the category axis text to which you want to add return, click on that cell, then in the Formula Bar click next to the character that you want to insert the return, then press CTRL + OPTION and hit the Return key

Hope this is ok. Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for clicking Accept if you are satisfied with the solution

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

I got a blank message from you so I am not sure what you were trying to say. Let me know if are having difficulty making it work

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did get it to work... thanks! Do you answer more questions for the $38 or just the one?
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

Great!

If it is a follow up question you can go ahead and ask. If not then it would be a new question. But you need to accept if I have helped with the solution, that is the only way I can get for helping

You can post your question here and I will let you know