Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs

I forgot my gmail password, and the recovery email is my gmail

I forgot my gmail password, and the recovery email is my gmail account, so I can't get the email with password XXXXX information. I can't get ANY emails. What should I do? Thanks, cckoren
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

Please follow the steps below in order to reset your password:

1- Please click here --->http://www.google.com/accounts/recovery

2- Enter your email address and click the Submit button

3- Enter the characters in the SAME ORDER you see there

4- Click Continue

5- Then follow all the prompts to reset your password

6- Does it work?

7- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

8- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am getting this answer on another computer because I can't access my gmail account because I don't have password. this answer has has the recovery prompts available at my gmail account which I can't access!
Unfortunately it seems your account has been hacked. Email addresses are being hacked by weak passwords that are easily guessed by computers OR by users that enter their password XXXXX fake websites.

Unfortunately GMAIL does not have customer support by phone for these issues. HOWEVER there is a Validation Page that they have set up to attempt to validate ownership of an account in cases where the Password XXXXX Basic steps do not work.

There is a Gmail Validation Page that they have set up to attempt to validate ownership of an account in cases where the Password XXXXX Basic steps do not work. The Gmail ID Validation Page was created to ask key questions about your account (only you would be able to provide to Gmail) when you created or updated your account. The more information you provide to Gmail, the better for their Support Agents to validate your identity.

The direct link to the Validation Page is: http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/request.py?hl=en&contact_type=acc_reco&ara=2&ctx=acc_reco&source=no_ts&rd=1 <=== CLICK HERE

That's the ONLY way to recover your email account, if it was hacked. Do NOT enter your email and password XXXXX any other site, as you can worse the problem. There are plenty of fake hotmail pages and emails messages out there.

This is the best you can do. They should answer in 1 or 2 days. Please do that as soon as you possible. I think it is a lot of waiting time, but it is the best we can do, because unfortunately GMAIL does not have phone customer support for email issues.

Please note I do NOT work for Gmail so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
Experience: I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs