robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Experience:  2 Years at Apple, Current IT Administrator and Small Business Owner. Loves to help.
35592706

I have been using the EBay mobile app to download my photos

Customer Question

I have been using the EBay mobile app to download my photos from my iPad to EBay. I have had no trouble but suddenly, from yesterday new photos won't download and EBay crashes. I can download photos from before yesterday but nothing from yesterday !
Category: Mac
Expert:  robgranholm replied 3 years ago.
I think a force restart (different then turning on and off again) will clear up this problem.

Hold down the home button and the sleep button. See image if you need to know what those are.

http://www.simplehelp.net/images/force_ipad_restart/ipad00.png

Hold them for about 10 seconds and the iPad will force restart. Then try the app and let me know!
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Experience: 2 Years at Apple, Current IT Administrator and Small Business Owner. Loves to help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No that hasn't helped.I get as far as the move and change page but when I press the choose button the screen just blanks out and eBay crashes, it's been great for months I can't understand it
It's likely an ebay app issue, apps are just software and have lots of bugs. The next step is to uninstall the app, and re-install it from the iPad.

DO you need help doing that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but still the same I'm afraid
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but still the same I'm afraid however will try again and get back to you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have tried again but eBay still not allowing photos have also contacted EBay but no reply yet
Gotcha. well the next severe step is to restore the iPad to factory settings, install only the ebay app, and see if it works then.

If it still doesn't work after that, it's safe to say there has been someupdate in how the ebay app works, and for right now, it's broken.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will I lose all my photos If I do that ?
If they aren't backed up on the computer, yes, the entire iPad will be wiped clean.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks but I won't be paying anymore, as I found out myself that by taking screen shot of my photos I could save them in my 'saved' album and EBay would accept this. Going back to factory settings would have been rather drastic.