robgranholm, Mac Genius
Experience:  2 Years at Apple, Current IT Administrator and Small Business Owner. Loves to help.

My Mac Mail account on Mac OS 10.4.11 is not receiving mail

My Mac Mail account on Mac OS 10.4.11 is not receiving mail but is sending. There are a number of separate mail accounts on the Mail programme. The other accounts are receiving mail but not mine. I checked my webmail on 1and1 and it appears to be full - that is the original account so I don't know if that is the source of the problem. I have deleted a large number of emails from my Mac Mail account but not sure how that relates to the webmail account.
Category: Mac
Expert:  robgranholm replied 5 years ago.
The webmail and your mac mail are the same thing, they are tied to each other. Make sure on webmail you don't only trash several messages but then empty the trash

Then restart the computer to clear out any connections to the e-mail server and Mac mail should be able to pull mail again.

Let me know if you get any specific errors, I'm glad to follow up.