Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I am using Macs Mail program for the first time and when I

I am using Mac's Mail program for the first time and when I attach something to a mail it attaches in the body of the mail wherever my cursor is last left in the body of the mail. Is there not a way of attaching a file to a mail less obtrusively?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
What version of OS X are you using? Find that in 'About this Mac' in the Apple menu.
How are you attaching it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mail 4.5

I'm attaching it by just clicking the paperclip icon on the top of the new mail message window I am composing in.
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
If it is an image or picture it is embedded in the body and where it is placed is where you put the cursor.
The way I control that is to put line breaks, return, until I get to where I want it. If you then decide to move it you can add line breaks before the attachment.
If it is a PDF, Powerpoint, Pages, Numbers spreadsheet or a file of that type then it sends the file as a file and the same rules apply.
What that means is you place the cursor where you want the attachment.
If you like use DropBox, I do when I want to just include a link to what I am sending.
It is free and will send all types of files.
Does that help answer your question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

In Entourage it goes into it's own place separate from the mail you are writing. This is not the same for Mail?
What do you mean by you put line breaks, return...
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
What I mean by line breaks is hit return until some space at the bottom of the text appears.
Also you can set this in the Edit drop down menu.

As shown above.