Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I am trying to set up, sync and charge my new ipad2 wi-fi

Customer Question

I am trying to set up, sync and charge my new ipad2 wi-fi 3G. I have a mac OS X 10.4.11. The message I get says I need version 10.5. Do I have to get this version?
Also, how long does it take to charge a new ipad2?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi My name is Ashik. I hope i can help you.

iPad 2 requires iTunes 10 or later and iTunes 10 requires Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or later. Tell me the hardware details about your Mac and i will check whether you can upgrade to Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

Plugin your iPad to the wall outlet with the USB Cable and Charger came with your iPad. You will not be able to charge from your computer, because your computer won't supply enough power to charge your iPad.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model imac 5.2
serial # w86333z6wh5
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Is this is an Intel iMac or Power PC iMac ? What is Processor speed and available RAM of your Mac ?