loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.

I can't delete my emails

I can't delete old emails on my yahoo, have checked them then clicked on delete. Checked boxes become open, messages still remain. They are from May 2010 and other 2010. How long do I need to wait?

loadedmind :

Hello and welcome to - I'm John. It sounds like you might have cache/cookies within Safari that could be causing your issues. Do you have Firefox installed on your Mac so we can test this theory?

loadedmind :

Also, it would help to know what version of OS X you're running. To obtain this information, click on the
Apple icon at top left, then choose About This Mac from the menu. The numbers to
the right of Version is what I'm looking for.

JACUSTOMER-ulr6732r- :

no firefox.

JACUSTOMER-ulr6732r- :

JACUSTOMER-ulr6732r- :

no firefox........10.4.11

loadedmind : Let's try downloading and installing Firefox to see if Safari is the culprit or not. Please open Safari and go to and click the button to download Firefox. Pick Desktop as the destination so that the resulting file is easy to locate. Double-click the Firefox icon and drag Firefox to your Applications directory to complete the install. Launch Firefox and perform the same steps as you did in Safari and post your results here please.
JACUSTOMER-ulr6732r- :

I'll respond tonight, have to leave for the day

loadedmind :

Understandable. FYI - I'm GMT -6 or CST.

JACUSTOMER-ulr6732r- :

don't understand gmt-6 or cst nevertheless........I've discovered that I have over 11,000 emails not deleted, this mack will only allow me to delete 25 at a time, have tried delete all after checking

JACUSTOMER-ulr6732r- :

the boxes, all checks go away, messages still there. Is there a short cut faster method than 25 at a time on my yahoo page. Know that I'm only mildly computer literate,

loadedmind : Step 1 : In Yahoo Mail Classic somewhere in the right side is a link that says “try the new yahoo! mail” Click on it to switch to the new yahoo mail .Step 2 : Click on the check mail and when the page loads click the very top check box under the word delete and that will select all of your inbox emails.Step 3 : Then click the Delete button and all of your emails in the inbox will be deleted.
JACUSTOMER-ulr6732r- :

converted to the new yahoo email thanks........It's only a small improvment, deletes 50@ a time

JACUSTOMER-ulr6732r- :

better than just 25 I suppose, still looking for the magic bullet to delete all 9,575. Is there a way

JACUSTOMER-ulr6732r- :

not to collect future emails on yahoo. As of now I'll have to delete from mac mail and then do the same on the yahoo site ......yuk

loadedmind : You can sign up for Yahoo Plus for $19.95/year which would allow you to configure Mac Mail and download all of your emails from Yahoo so that you can remove them en masse.
loadedmind :

Did you require anything further?