Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college
15873684

I want to download a canon camera disk to my mac, but it says

I want to download a canon camera disk to my mac, but it says that my computer does not have the capability. I have a MacOSX, version 10.4.11 and it needs to be a 10.5 or later version. Is there anything I can do to my computer to be able to download this program?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using justanswer

What Canon product do you have? printer, scanner. Please give me the model number
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
I didn't realize you put camera in your question. What model camera do you have?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Canon Power Shot SX230HS camera.
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
If you would like to upgrade your Operating System. Please click on the apple in the top left and choose about this Mac. Let me know what it says next to processor and memory. I can let you know your upgrade options. You might be able to use the older version of Imagebrowser or iPhoto.

You can use iphoto to view pictures from your camera. It comes with every Mac. If you'd rather use ImageBrowser or iphoto is not detecting your camera. Please follow the directions below.

ImageBrowser 6.6 is still compatible with 10.4.11 but not the newer version.

You can download the older version by selecting another camera.

Click on the below link. Click on drivers and software and choose OS X for OS. Click on software and download 6.6b

http://tinyurl.com/3oaywua

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Processor 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
You will need to purchase an upgrade disk. Here is the link for it. If you can wait another month, the new version Lion OS 10.7 is coming out at the end of July.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Apple/MC573ZA/