Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Have new 8 core mac pro. Cannot get digital performer 7 to

Customer Question

Have new 8 core mac pro. Cannot get digital performer 7 to install. Have already installed reason with no issues. Please help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
10.6.4
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok run the disk utilty
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
disk verified
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
And you repaired permissions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK now go to Software Update under the Apple logo, you need some major updates
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
doing updates now
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If I restart afterward I will lose you. What do I do?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Bookmark this page or go to the link in the email you receive.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
have restarted and computer is acting very erratecally
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
What do you mean?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
After two more restarts the computer seems to be running normally again. The screen was jumping around all kind of ways for awhile but now it's cool.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK so Software Update says there are no more updates? Is the Performer you are trying to install on disk or is it a download and what is the error message?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Checking software update again. No error message. When I click the install icon it shows up on the dock for one or two seconds then disappears.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
I don’t understand you are trying to install Digital Performer does it succeed or not what does that have to do with the Dock?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It does not install. It does not show up anywhere. It just flashes on the dock for a moment then disappears. I tried it on another computer and it worked fine.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok you did not answer my questions:

Is the Performer you are trying to install on disk or is it a download and what is the error message?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The performer is on a disk and there is no error message. It just doesn't do anything when I click on it. I have used dp for many years on mac and I have never seen this problem.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok you gave me the system version but none of the other info:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Version 10.6.7

Processor 2x2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory 6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK just checking, is the disk clean? It gives no error message at all correct? If so go here and download Maintenance for your system version, run it and follow directions then check all boxes and Execute. Restart.

http://www.titanium.free.fr/download.php

Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

I have to sign off for tonight can we continue tomorrow after 10 AM CST?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience and expertise. Everything seems to be working fine. You're the man!
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK great!!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I clicked accept answer. Did you receive payment?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Yes thank you.