Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I CANT DELETE AN EVENT OFF MY IPHONE - I THINK ITS BECAUSE

Customer Question

I CAN'T DELETE AN EVENT OFF MY IPHONE - I THINK ITS BECAUSE IT IS AN INVITATION AND NOT AN EVENT THAT I PUT IN ON MY OWN - THERE IS NO EDIT BUTTON NEXT TO IT - HOW DO I REMOVE THIS EVENT? THANKS
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
If you sync with your Mac do you see it in iCal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I DON'T HAVE A MAC - I GUESS THAT MEANS I DON'T HAVE ICAL - I SYNC IT WITH ITUNES
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Oh Windows that is your problem, just kidding!!! Are you syncing calendars with your Windows PC?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where would i do that - i don't see calendars in itunes

can i call you so this goes faster?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
No sorry I can't call. In iTunes select the iPhone on the left and on the right select the Info tab, there is whree you sync with Contacts Calendars etc... Let me know, my idea is to sync with Outlook or other calendar and delete it there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok - i will try - stay on with me
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK I'm here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok - i think i just synced it - but i don't know how to access outlook - i have never used it before - what do i do now?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Was there another choice because if you have not been using it you would have to setup an email account and everything.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no - it let me check outlook - that was actually the only choice
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK then you need to setup an email account.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
mike - this is getting complicated - i will go to the apple store for help - thank you for trying but i think this is beyond me
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
All you have to do is open Outlook it will ask you to setup the account and just put in your email address and password???
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
So you are OK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what server do i pick? i'm on aol

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
AOL?? OK I don‘t know your AOL support can tell you that. I have to sign off for tonight can we continue tomorrow?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok - thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Come back when ready after 10 AM CST. Thanks,