Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I dont have the Installation and applications DVDs for my

Customer Question

I don't have the Installation and applications DVD's for my MacBook. Would it be possible for me to buy both for my Laptop?
I have MacOS x ver. 10.5.8 MacBook 5,2
[email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mike did you get my 2nd message?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Still need help?