Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I downloaded a file from an e-mail but it is not a pdf file.

I downloaded a file from an e-mail but it is not a pdf file. I cannot open it in my documents to print or edit it. I tried moving it to the work program, but I have had no luck. Any suggestions?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Can you send me the file?

Go here with any web browser and sign in. Click on upload and choose your file? Let me know when completed.

http://momandpop.ws:8000

username: justanswer
password: macmedic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I sent you the file, I hope
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What version of Office are you using?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have just been reading about the origin of this file and from what I have read I think it is important that you know that it was an e-mail attachment (not from a Mac). I have downloaded internet explorer but I read that it is not in operation for Mac now. I do not know if this matters. Maybe I should have asked how do I transfer an e-mail attachment to Work 8 writing program?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What is Work 8? What version of Office are you using? This is an Office Word document but if you have an older version you cannot open it go here to get the converter:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=6B9238E1-CF69-48C4-BF2D-C4A8ACEEE520
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Do you mean Microsoft Works 8 that is only for Windows computers?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
I can save this file in whatever format you want let me know.